As a registered portfolio manager Gold Investment Management Ltd. will take responsibility for making all the decisions about the investments in your portfolio with discretion, based on your investment needs and objectives, restrictions, financial circumstances, risk tolerance, time horizon and other relevant factors. Portfolio management services provided by Gold Investment Management include:
- Analysis of current financial standing and review of all family related investments
- Assessment of client ability and tolerance for risk
- Definition of investment objectives and preparation of an Investment Management Agreement (IMA)
- Recommendation of suitable investments and asset mix
- Selection, monitoring and rebalancing of the investments on a discretionary basis in a segregated portfolio
- Delivery of quarterly portfolio statements
- Investment suitability, and changes in personal needs or circumstances
- Assist with deposits, transfers and withdrawals
- An annual “Know Your Client” review to discuss portfolio results and any changes in your circumstances
Gold Investment Management employs a Passive Core approach, utilizing low cost exchange traded funds (ETFs) to implement the strategy. With attention to tax efficiency and low trading costs, Gold Investment Management constructs portfolios with multiple asset classes and broad geographic diversification in order to capture a wide range of global capital markets activity.
The Active Overlay complements both the Passive Core and Value Tilt strategies by seeking to add alpha during both falling and rising markets. Due to Gold Investment Management’s independence and size, we have the ability to respond to market changes and rapidly alter course. We are constantly seeking opportunities to add value during rising and falling markets.
VALUE & INCOME TILT
Finding value is one of the cornerstones of Gold Investment Management’s approach to investing. Value strategies have been shown historically to give greater upside as compensation for bearing risk. We compliment the value approach by seeking securities that provide relatively high income in today’s low yielding market environment.
ASSET MIX MONITORING AND DYNAMIC REBALANCING
Gold Investment Management’s team of portfolio managers continuously monitors and dynamically rebalances portfolios to ensure that they are in line with their original weighting and strategic asset mix. For example, during dramatic market downturns we may take advantage of the extreme market pessimism by buying relatively cheap equity ETFs and selling relatively expensive fixed income ETFs. Conversely, during euphoric upturns we may take advantage of the irrational exuberance by selling relatively expensive equity ETFs and buying relatively cheap fixed income ETFs.
Gold Investment Management builds investment portfolios that suit an Investor’s individual risk tolerance.
Gold Investment Management Quick Facts
- Credential Securities Inc.
- National Bank Independent Network
- Interactive Brokers LLC
- RBC Investor & Treasury Services
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- McCarthy Tétrault LLP
- Bank of Montreal
- Canadian Western Bank